Back to jobs listings
Tooling / DevOps Intern
Engineering - Paris - Intern
We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Since April 2019, Drivy is now part of Getaround. Together, we’re the world’s leading carsharing
platform with a community of more than 5 million users sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 7 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
- Reliability Engineering encompasses the disciplines of site reliability engineering, infrastructure engineering, and developer productivity. Our team ensures that Drivy’s infrastructure is able to scale massively, while also delivering resilient systems, amazing performance, and tools that have a huge impact for our entire engineering team.
- We are looking for someone who is motivated, really interested in web technologies and willing to learn a lot, with a desire to eventually transform this internship into a permanent position.
What you’ll work on:
- You will join our growing engineering team (27 great people!) and take on many challenges, such as:
- Develop and maintain our deployments and CI tools. More specifically, work on our internal deployment tool allowing developers to deploy 10 times a day without stress.
- Be a support for the squads : work closely with the developers to ensure they have the best possible tools to get their work done.
- Develop and enrich our growing monitoring infrastructure.
- Automate (almost) everything: Infrastructure, CI, Deployment, Monitoring, and so on!
- Our vision this year is to leverage fully decoupled architectures and ultimately microservices to scale with a reliable, event-driven, auto-healing infrastructure behind the scenes.
Who you’ll work with :
What you’ll bring to the table
- Experience with relational databases.
- Familiarity with *NIX commands.
- Experience with OO principles.
- Great communication skills, and work well within a team.
- Ability to communicate in English.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with a message queue and/or a distributed log
- You already used Heroku
Note that we aren’t necessarily looking for someone with specific experience in our current tech stack: you can learn here. We are however looking for someone who is willing and able to learn fast.
What we offer:
- A great engineering team with experience! A lot of us have been working with Rails since v1, some organise meetups and some even contributed .
- Recent and powerful hardware (that you get to choose)
- The peace of mind of our large test suite to stay sane and ship often
- An international team of great and passionate people
…and we think you’ll also appreciate this:
- Getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations every two weeks
- A ticket to one technical conference of your choice each year
- Open source projects are being extracted from the codebase when appropriate
- We'll buy any non fiction books you want to read, and you'll get access to our growing library
- Offices in Paris, San Francisco, Berlin, London, Barcelona, New York...
- We often organise meetups in our office
- Tickets restaurants, a good health insurance
- "Hack days" to experiment with new technologies and ideas as well as other team events
No need for a resume, but Linkedin, Twitter and Github usernames are appreciated!
Don't hesitate to give our challenge a try.